Monday, September 16, 2019

I'm Coming Back

"I can feel you in the air I breathe.
You're the center of each thought I think."

Lalah Hathaway

Dear Lorenzo,

I miss being loved.

I miss having someone call me every hour on the hour, to tell me all the details of their day.

I miss your laugh and your bad jokes.

I miss your horrible taste in music.

I miss fighting with you and making up with you and making love to you.

I miss your overwhelming presence in my life.

I've recently reconnected with an old friend and while it's nice to have a man to care about again...

He's not you.

He doesn't watch Golic & Wingo, First Take, and NFL Live on his days off from work. 

He doesn't play Madden or study the draft, and he damn sure doesn't sing football carols when the season's about to start.

He's a wonderful person and a dear friend but...

He isn't you.

No one else is going to be you.

So...what am I supposed to do with all of the loneliness?

I literally have no idea what comes next.




No comments:

Post a Comment