Thursday, October 6, 2016

Shred

I'm hungry.

Really, really hungry.

Not starving, not light-headed, not about to pass out or anything but hungry nonetheless.

Today's my fìrst day on the Super Shred Diet. It was created by Dr. Ian Smith of VH1's Celebrity Fit Club fame and is touted as being a HEALTHY but short-term diet for those wishing to lose weight in a hurry.

I damn sure fit that criterion.

In the four months since Lorenzo's accident, I've gained 20 pounds. This should come as no surprise to those who know me well. As a lifelong, emotional eater I've gone through exactly ONE crisis in my life where I DIDN'T gain weight so you can imagine what I've been doing to while away all those lonely nights without Lorenzo.

Eating.

Oh, and drinking.

But...as of yesterday it's been exactly three months since he died.

My grace period is up.

I spoke at the funeral. And I promised Lorenzo that I'd live my life to the fullest, the way he'd want me to.

And this?

Ain't that.

So...super shred.

It's a four week diet and while I've always been more of a Weight Watchers girl, that won't work for me this time.

See, I don't want to think more than I absolutely have to. I don't want to plan meals, calculate points, or figure out what I'm in the mood to have for dinner. I just want to open a book, be told what to eat and in four weeks, step on the scale and see a much smaller number than I saw today.

So...here goes nothing.

Except, hopefully, some of this ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment